EVANGELICAL CHURCH OF MARALAND, KRIZYHPA NȎ PY (KNP)
The Krizyhpa Nȏ Py, in accordance with the ECM Assembly Constitution chapter 24:2,1, was established so that the women (Mothers) can participate in the ministry of the Lord. The Krizyhpa Nȏ Py which is a women wing within the Evangelical Church of Maraland was founded on 17th May 1951 under the initiation of Mrs. Lorrain, Mrs. Seina Chozah, Mrs. N. Chiapy, Mr. H. Zacho. KNP Headquarter is at Evangelical Church of Maraland Assembly Office, Saiha Mizoram.
Membership: Enrolment to the ECM KNP is allowed to the communicant member of any married women.
Aims and objects of KNP:
1) To assist the mainline Church,
2) To help the needies,
3) To preach the Gospel in every possible ways.
It has a motto : Proverbs 31:30- “but a women who fears the Lord is to be praised.”
Leaders of ECM KNP (H) 2012-2014:
|President||Mrs. H.C. Nakhai|
|V. President||Mrs. K. Zeihne|
|Secretary||Mrs. Lynn H. Ngohei|
|Asst. Secretary||Mrs. H. Zoramthangi|
|Fin. Secretary||Mrs. K. Lawmi|
|Treasurer||Mrs. F. Ngopaw|
|Senior Advisors||Rev. Dr. M. Zakonia|
|Elder Pachi Hlychho|
Projects of KNP:
1. Motherless Baby Home (MBH): With the permission of KNP Guidelines, Leaders of MBH Managing Board was formed and leaders for the year 2012-2014 are as follows:
Chairman : Mrs. H. Nadaw
Secretary : Mrs. Lynn H. Ngohei
1) Mrs. P. Chaki
2) Mrs. A. Ngotlua
3) Mrs. L. Dawhlei
4) Mrs. L. Nasi
5) Mrs. R. Lianmawii
6) Mrs. S. Lalrimawii
7) Mrs. Zenedy Hlychho
Projects of the ECM KNP : MOTHERLESS BABY HOME
Under the KNP, Motherless Baby Home was established in 1992 which was founded and launched by faith. All the needs and requirements were met by the contribution of all the KNP members and unseen donation by government and volunteers.
At the very year when the Project of KNP, Motherless Baby Home, was inaugurated, 2 babies whose mothers died at their birth were taken in without any expense from their side. Since then every year more children were brought to Motherless Baby Home, mostly whose mothers died at their birth. Since then, children under the care of the KNP have come to 105 in number, 50 girls and 55 boys. Out of which, 11 children were from Myanmar and 13 of them were from neighbor District, Mizoram.
At present there are 16 children of different ages; 9 boys and 7 girls in Motherless Baby Home. There are 7 workers who fully devoted themselves to this Home.
Motherless Baby Home Project Expenditure for 2012-2013
|1.||MBH Workers Pay (7)||35000X12||Rs. 4,20,000/-|
|2.||MBH Mess||22000X12||Rs. 2,64,000/-|
|3.||Maintenance of MBH||Rs. 1,00,000/-|
2. Handful of Rice: Every member of the KNP collect a handful of rice in each of their homes and this collection is the main source of the Mission Fund of the Mainline Church.
3. Magazine: In 2012, ECM KNP (H) General Conference resolved to publish a Magazine. And the first quarterly Magazine named Dorcas Quarterly Magazine (March-June) was released by Executive Secretary (KNP) on 9th August 2012. Board members of Dorcas Magazine are as follows;
Dorcas Editorial Board members:
|Editor in chief||Pihnô Lynn H. Ngohei|
|Editor||Pihnô H. Zoramnghingi|
|Joint Editors||Pihnô K. Zeihne|
|Pihnô Laldingliani Hlychho|
|Cir. Manager||Pihnô K. Dasei|
|Members||Pihnô F. Ngôpaw|
|Pihnô H. Zoramthangi|
|Pihnô H. Remliani|
|Contributors||Puhpa A. Zawngia|
|Legal Consultant||Pihnô S. Lalmuanpuii|
|Publisher||Rev. VL. Ngaia Hlychho|
Achievements and Activities (Jan 2010 – Dec. 2011)
1. The KNP Sponsors 3 missionaries
2. The KNP has Two Concrete buildings and one Assam type. rented by families and is an income for the fellowship
3. Prayer chain has been observed by all the Branches in the month of April 2010. In April, 2011 24 hours fasting Prayer has also been observed.
4. In 2011 every member of the KNP contributed one day’s wages for Motherless Baby Home.
5. In 2010 Leadership Training Seminar has been conducted to all the branches for the KNP Branch leaders. In 2011 Seminar has also been conducted in all the branches with the theme “Justice”.
6. In 2011 the KNP celebrated Diamond Jubilee.
7. In following KNP’s Resolution `in 2010 every members of the ECM KNP branch may read out the Holy Bible’. And it was reported that 54 members read out in 2010 and 44 members read out in 2011.
8. In 2010 every members of KNP contribute one day’s wages for Endoscopy, in 2011 every members of the KNP contribute Rs. 20/- each for Operation Theater material for ECM Hospital’s properties.
9. In 2011 it was resolved that every KNP branch should give exchange visit other branch out of their villages and all branches have been able to do so, and it was reported that the program was beneficiary to each of them.
10. As the ECM KNP is one unit of NEICCWA, in following its resolution ‘visiting units within district or states,’ in 14-15 May 2011 Baptist women’s Fellowship visited ECM KNP where as in 20-22 May 2011 the ECM KNP visited Salvation Army women at Lunglei.
11. In corporation with Government Department i.e. Medical department, ECM KNP made a tour program of visiting every village of Saiha District to give awareness to reduce the Infant Death rate of Saiha District which is very high.
Sources of income (Expected) (2012-2013)
|a).||General Target||Rs. 800000/-|
|b).||House Rent||Rs. 148500/-|
|c).||MBH Donation||Rs. 120000/-|
|d).||MBH Sunday Contribution||Rs. 60000/-|
|e).||MBH Program||Rs. 70000/-|
|f).||2011 Balance||Rs. 656075/-|
Proposed Expenditure for 2012-2013
|4.||MBH Workers Pay||Rs. 3,36,000/-|
|5.||MBH Mess||Rs. 2,64,000/-|
|6.||Casual Peon’s Pay||Rs. 63,600/-|
|7.||3 Missionaries Pay with Gifts||Rs.78,000/-|
|8.||Maintenance of Buildings||Rs. 50,000/-|
|9.||Office Expense||Rs. 40,000/-|
|11.||T.A. of Town Exe. Meeting||Rs. 40,000/-|
|13.||Donation for ECM Higher School||Rs. 20,000/-|
|14.||Completion of Building constn.||Rs. 3,00,000/-|
|15.||Maintenance of MBH||Rs. 1,00,000/-|
|16.||Reserved Fund||Rs. 4,62,975/-|
Financial Report for the year 2011
Total income (Jan.2011 – Dec 2011) Rs. 23,25,020/-. Total Expenditure Rs. 16,68,945/-
LIST OF PRESIDENTS
|2.||N. Chiapy||1963 -1970|
|3.||HC. Ipaw||1970- 1971|
LIST OF SECRETARIES NOMINATED BY THE ASSEMBLIES:
|1.||K. Biakkimi, B.Th||1996-1997|
|2.||K. Dasei, B.Th||2000-2003|
|3.||K. Biakkimi, B.Th||2003-2006|
|4.||N. Dawhniarili, BA BD||2006-2008|
|5.||HC. Lalhmangaihpari, BA.BD||2008-2012|
|6.||Lynn H. Ngohei, B.Sc. M.Th.(NT)||2012-|